Friday, June 13, 2014

The Energizer Bunny Takes a Nap


Sydney hasn’t been napping much these days. Everything is much too exciting to miss it for a minute—or so she seems to think. As she rubs her eyes while yawning, I offer a nap, but too often she squeaks back at me and refuses to even look at the bed. Today seemed like one of those days. She refused to leave my brother, Ryan’s room, and insisted that she jump on the bed. We played with Ryan for a while, being silly and letting her make “fart jokes”.  But after a bumped head, an annoyed glance from Ryan, and a request for a snack I knew it was time to go back upstairs. Unfortunately, once we got up to the kitchen she whined endlessly to return to Ryan’s room.

Sometimes you have to just accept with a defeat when arguing with a three-year-old. So I gave in and watched her slide down the stairs, going “ahh-ah, ah, aha, ah,” with every bump. I shook my head and returned to the kitchen to tidy up the mess she had created during craft time. As soon as I was done I went downstairs to retrieve her, but she had already fallen asleep. It turns out the little temper tantrum was part of her fighting the nap. At times it seems like she’ll never stop to take a breath she is so wound up. So when times like this come around, you greatly cherish them. Sometimes you have to take a break from adventure to recharge. 


Sydney Recharging

Taylor Recharging


No comments:

Post a Comment